Today marks our 10th year as a couple.
10 years is a lot to reflect on! And you know what? I can honestly say that my heart BURSTS with love for the man that I chose to marry. When I think I can’t love him any more, another day passes and I do!
You want to know our secret? We choose (it really is a choice) to love one another even when it’s hard and fight to connect with one another EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I truly believe with all of my heart that when 2 hearts (this is key) are 100% committed to one another you can make it through anything. That is the secret to life long marriages! It’s a lot of wonderful stubbornness behind it all!
With that said here’s 10 things about Ben and I to celebrate our 10th year as a couple!
- Ben was 16 and I was 18 when we started dating. Yes, I am married to a younger man!
- We dated for 3 years before tying the knot.
- We will have been married 7 years on September 27th, 2017. Marriage has definitely been the best thing that has EVER happened to me!
- We were each other’s first kiss and God willing we will be one another’s last.
- Ben wakes me up with a kiss and an “I love you” every morning. If he ever misses it, I am a sad girl. I can only think of 2 instances in our entire marriage.
- People probably won’t believe us but we honestly have never yelled at one another. We do fight but our version of a fight is a “heated discussion”. Or giving one another space while we try to sort out our feelings.
- Our favorite thing to do together is travel. It has taught us so many things about one another and bonded us in a way nothing else has.
- There were a lot of people that our relationship didn’t make any sense to in the beginning and we had a lot of negative comments but we didn’t care because we knew it was right. The only people’s opinions that truly mattered to me was my family and thankfully they could see what I could see.
- Ben is my best friend and I am his. It’s that friendship that has been the most important element of our relationship and its saving grace.
- We are the biggest cheerleaders for marriage! We want people to know that while it is not easy a happy marriage IS possible! And we want more than anything for people in any stage of a relationship to know that and experience it for themselves! Our relationship has only gotten sweeter with time.
[grwebform url=”https://app.getresponse.com/view_webform_v2.js?u=SeWIG&webforms_id=10309001″ css=”on” center=”off” center_margin=”200″/]